Environmental Health Coalition (EHC), an organization that fights toxic pollution, will host its 2013 Awards Celebration, “A Healthy Kids Victory,” on April 23 celebrating victories that contribute to the health and well being of children in San Diego.
Environmental Health Coalition and its supporters will celebrate:
- California’s lead-safe candy law that made the state first in the U.S. to ban the sale of lead-contaminated candy,
- San Diego’s Children’s Right to Lead-Safe Housing ordinance, the strongest local lead law in the U.S., and
- Creating healthy homes for children, eliminating asthma triggers and sources of lead in 3,000 San Diego area homes.
Awards will be presented to:
- Martha Cortes, EHC member and healthy kids “promotora”
- California Attorney General
- San Diego Housing Commission
- Channel 10 Investigative News Team
- Dr. Gerald Markowitz, public health professor, author and activist
Speakers and presenters include:
- Honorable Donna Frye
- Mayor Bob Filner
- San Diego Council President Todd Gloria
- Councilmember Marti Emerald
- EHC Executive Director Diane Takvorian
WHEN: Tuesday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. (VIP Reception at 5:30 p.m.)
WHERE: Marina Village Baja Room in Mission Bay, 1936 Quivira Way, San Diego
VISUALS: Hundreds of Environmental Health Coalition supporters, local environmental justice leaders, elected officials and community members
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH COALITION: Founded in 1980, Environmental Health Coalition (EHC) builds grassroots campaigns to confront the unjust consequences of toxic pollution, discriminatory land use, and unsustainable energy policies. Visit us online at http://www.environmentalhealth.org/.